Sunday, February 24, 2013

Our 1st Napa Trip (Last) Weekend

I know, I know. I'm a little behind. And for good reason. Sort of. I've been under the weather and basically a couch potato for the last few days, and I finally have the energy to catch you up on last weekends festivities. For obvious reasons (like I said, im sick as a dog-had to call poison control- stuffy-head, throwing up sick) im just now getting to this. ANYWAYS.

Last weekend Colby and I decided it was time to take a drive to Napa. Thats right, drive to Napa-- doesnt that make you jealous?! He had been begging me to go visit a brewery and I wasn't about to go to napa without making a stop at a winery, so we planned out our day, and off we went!

It's only about an hour and a half's drive to the wine country, and it was a beautiful drive. Unlike the drive from Austin to Fredericksberg, this drive was scenic. Our first stop was at Domaine Chandon - it was still kind of Valentines Day-ish, and well, I love bubbles, so bubble it was!
Chandon was sprawling with people- all of which were of the trendy variety. Hipsters, pretty people, and us. haha. We decided on the reserve tasting, which was perfect! my fav was the blanc de blanc, and Colby liked the carneros vintage brut. 
 
We spent a couple hours just sipping our sparkling wine, exploring the grounds and just relaxing. It was blissful. 
 
 
 
 
 Since we hadn't eaten, (yes, drinking on empty stomachs...) we decided the next stop would be lunch in Yountville. Yall, Yountville is the cutest town. Colby yelped a restaurant, and lucky for us, there wasn't a wait. We enjoyed a long lunch on the patio while people watching.
 
 
Our next stop was Russian River Brewery in Santa Rosa. The drive was interesting. another scenic, twisty road, but beautiful none the less. When we arrived, I noticed that Colby's excitement was a little out of control. He was in beer nerd heaven. 
We decided on a couple beers, a sampler, and a snack. All that beer with no food, would not be a great idea! The beers were awesome, and we left with full bellies and a growler of Pliny the Elder.
 
 
 
We had such a fun time just enjoying the area and each others company. We can't wait to go back- i made a list of all the wineries that we have to visit!

5 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better! Yelp is seriously the best thing ever! It usually doesn't let me down. What a beautiful place to live and be able to drive to! I am definitely getting jealous of all your outings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks like an amazing trip! i've been wanting to take a couples trip to napa with my boyfriend :)

    xo brie
    www.sophistifunkblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you totally should take a long weekend and go! it was seriously relaxing, romantic and fun!

      xoxo angelica

      Delete
  3. So glad I came across your blog!

    I love love love Napa! So jealous that you live so close :) but since I live in Texas...I let Fredericksburg fill the void!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! We always had fun in Fredericksburg- especially since it was so close to Austin!

      Delete